BRIDGE, CROWN AND DENTURE
” Don’t let the time , to ruin your smile.”
Despite of ongoing advances and increase in the tecnology in the field of dentistry, loss of teeth is still an ongoing problem. Loss of teeth lower the quality of life and also affect the personality of a person . so replacing the missing teeth most essential step to restore the lost function . Currently, there are a large number of options available for people who have lost their few or all the teeth.
Replacing missing teeth with fixed substitute
If one or few teeth are missing replacing them with the fixed teeth should always the first approach .
- Crown (CAP): In case of severe damage to teeth due to an accident, loss of tooth structure due to age factor, severe cavity, after RCT requires to cover the tooth with crown to make the treatment & post treatment results long lasting. There are lots of variety of crown ,it can metal , PFM , all ceramic or metal free. We ,smile studio are attached with one of the most renowned and reputated laboratory for crown and bridge fabrication.
- Bridge : Bridge replace the missing teeth and take support of pillers at rare ends.these pillers can be healthy adjacent teeth of implant .bridge is a time tested, most common and easy going approach. A bridge and the crown can last upto 20 years if kept clean and under dental follow up.if adjacent teeth are not healthy to support the bridge then an implant can be placed inside the bone. This implant act as a anchor to support the crown or bridge.
- Removable option : There was the time when there were only limited options available to replace the missing teeth . but in the present scenario we have all the modern falcilities to sasitfied the patient function and esthetic needs.Dentures are replacements for missing teeth that can be taken out and put back in the mouth. The denture can be partial denture (if some of the missing teeth need to be replaced) or complete denture (if complete set of teeth need to be replaced)
- Cast partial denture : These are one of the most comfortable varients of the partial denture . major advantage of this denture is that, the forces of chewing are optimally distributed over the adjacent teeth .
- Flexible denture : Unlike more traditional ridged, bulky and unstable dental materials flexible partial denture are made from a flexible plastic material which fits neatly into your mouth and is virtually invisible. The denture do not have unplesent looking metal wire for retention. they require less time , cost and efforts
- Conventional denture : These are the most conventional way of replacing the complete set of teeth .fabrication of denture takes aroud 4-6 visits overa periodof 20 days. The denture generally take 2-3 appointment as post operative care. As the denture is fully dependent on the bone support for its retention patient may need some time to get adjusted to it.
- Tooth supported over denture : when one or more teeth are healthy and stable then it is better to save these tooth and use them as support for denture . These denture are generally are have better retention then conventional dentures.
We are the best Dentist in Rohini