Oral health has been the least common practice in today’s world rather it being the most crucial as a part of overall health problems. A proper healthy oral routine would help you prevent cavities or plaque that may damage your teeth and your smile. It helps in prevention of dental caries and periodontal disease also helping in decrease of halitosis.
Proper brushing, flossing and gargles are a major health factors. If you haven’t yet read about some importance of brushing, go read it now. Oral pains and uncomfortable denture wears can cause discomfort to your body. Research even stats that oral cancer can prevail if oral hygiene is not maintained.
Dr Vishnu Mittal, MDS (Periodontist and Implatlogist) suggests that there are a varied range of non-prescription products for your dental care which could help prevent many health related issues. Various formulations of these products are available for dentifrices which could help in fighting plaque, gingivitis or tartar which could help in strengthening of your teeth and even for the whitening
Now that we are clear as to what is oral hygiene and why is it important, let’s dive deep into the health benefits associated with the oral hygiene.
- Reduces teeth sensitivity: Oral hygiene helps in reducing the teeth sensitivity as the more you keep your mouth clean, the more your gums are healthy which results in the less sensitivity. If you follow a proper nutritional diet, it not only helps your body but your mouth too. You would be amazed to know that nutrition plays a very vital role in keeping your gums and teeth stronger and tougher.
- Breathe Freshness: Tell me honestly, how many times has it happened that the person you are talking to had a very foul smell and you feel uncomfortable enough. Foul smell not only downgrades your personality, it makes it prone to other mouth diseases too. Diseases like Periodontal disease can affect your smile and if left untreated could result in tooth loss. Hence try keeping your mouth as healthy as possible.
- Reduction in chances of cavity: Cavities are damaged areas in the hard upper surface of your teeth and are permanent in nature. Tiny holes are developed in the hard surfaces of your teeth and are sole reason of tooth decay due to eating a lot of junk or sugary. Keeping your mouth healthy will result in a better smile and a cavity free mouth. Avoid eating too much sugar as it will start eroding your teeth and tiny cavities will start to appear in your teeth. To prevent the occurrence of these cavities, you should start brushing regularly and doing a floss.
- Lower risk of Type 2 diabetes: Type 2 diabetes can prevent your body from using insulin the right way. Body resists the insulin effects and is unable to being glucose in your cells which are the prime source of energy. Insulin regular sugar in your body and when the body is unable to cop up with insulin, you are more in risk of diabetes. Oral care helps in the prevention of this type 2 diabetes and keep you safe and healthy.
- Lower risk of Heart Disease: You may be surprise to know that there is a connection between dental health and cardiovascular wellness. Usually inflammation in tooth gums leads to gingivitis that can lead to red and swollen gums leading to periodontal disease. Eating healthy and nutrition enrich diet is very necessary to keep your oral healt and vascular wellness. Smoking can lead to oral disease and can damage lungs and heart. A good dental care routine should be followed to avoid any later issues.
How do I keep good oral Health?
- Remember to always floss your teeth after brushing atleast one time a day
- Make it a habit of brushing your teeth twice a day with a fluoride enriched toothpaste
- Avoid smoking. It can lead to various oral and cardio vascular diseases and even lead to cancer
- Visit your dentist regularly to avoid any further complications whatsoever and if you are living in New Delhi, India, make sure you visit Dr Mittal Dental Clinic. We are the best dental clinic in Rohini with remarkable technology and experienced team of doctors.
Keep Smiling 🙂